Our department is located within a picturesque landscape surrounded by mountains. Due to the geographic location, we have more than 200 sunny days. Our field, chemistry, is an important branch of science that involves the professional study of the composition, structure and properties of organic and inorganic substances. As a reminder, we quote here two famous slogans coined by chemists “Is there anything in life which does not involve chemistry?” and “What in the world isn’t chemistry?”
In our department, all the faculties and staffs are well qualified, cooperative and hard-working, as well as very friendly with the students. Our students are very eager to learn and very dedicated in obtaining their B.Sc., M.Sc., and PhD degree.
Our chemistry graduate (M.Sc. and PhD) and undergraduate students of pure and applied chemistry are extensively engaged in research with faculty members. Research is underway in many exciting areas in chemistry, notably cutting-edge work in inorganic chemistry, bioinorganic and nanobioinorganic chemistry, analytical and bioanalytical chemistry, physical and computational chemistry, nanochemistry and nanotechnology, organic chemistry, polymer science, catalysis science and technology, environmental chemistry, water treatment, advanced materials, fuel cells, instrumentation, advanced energy materials, magnetochemistry, as well as applied and industrial chemistry.
We urge you not to forget to look at our faculties’ homepages. We also invite you to find ways in which you can become a member of a cutting edge research group in the next future.
• 1. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry including Chemometrics, Ion Mobility Spectrometry, Electrochemical Analyses, Chemical and Biochemical Sensors, Separation and Ultra-trace Analysis, Instrumentation and Measurement, Advanced Energy Materials, Solar Cells, Electrosynthesis, Atomic Spectroscopy, and Supercritical Fluid Science and Technology.
• 2. Inorganic and Bioinorganic Chemistry including Electocatalysts, Photocatalysts, Synthesis of Transition Metal Complexes, Organometallics, Inorganic Photochemistry, Inorganic Electrochemistry, Supramolecular Chemistry, Anticancer Drugs and Metal-drug Complexes, Nanobioinorganic Chemistry, Advanced Materials, Magnetochemistry, Nanomaterials, Inorganic Nanocarriers, Semiconductors, Nanocatalysts, Inorganic Pigments, MOFs, Inorganic Polymers, and Industrial Inorganic Chemistry.
• 3. Organic Chemistry including Chemistry of Pharmaceuticals and Biologically Active Compounds, Polymer Chemistry, Catalysis and Physical Organic Chemistry, and Preparative and Computational Chemistry.
• 4. Physical Chemistry including Ion Mobility Spectrometry (IMS), Sensors, Molecular Spectroscopy, Mass Spectrometry, Fuel Cells, Thermodynamics of Equilibrium and Non-equilibrium Systems, MD Simulation, Quantum Computational Chemistry, Synchrotron Radiation-based Experiments, Industrial Electrochemistry, and Laser.
Honors and awards
- Our four faculty members are among the TOP 1% World Scientists in the chemistry field based on the ISI Essential Science Indicators Database.
- Our seven faculties are among The Distinguished Researcher of the year of IRAN.
- Our four professors are among the Distinguished Scientist of the Islamic-Word Countries.
- Some of our faculties are also among the Best Researcher of the year in Isfahan University of Technology (IUT), The Distinguish Researcher of the Year in Isfahan Province, and Allameh Tabatabaei Award for Iranian distinguished scientists and researchers.
Department of Chemistry, Isfahan University of Technology (IUT), Isfahan 84156-83111, IRAN